The Bellini – The Perfect Cocktail to Pair with a Delicious Pizza
History of The Bellini:
The cocktail was invented between the years 1934 and 1948 in Venice, Italy by Giuseppe Cipriani, founder of the famous Harry’s Bar. The drink quickly became a favourite for many. It was initially served only as a seasonal special drink at the bar, but when the fresh white peach puree became more accessible, the drink was served all year round.
The Bellini is named so, because the drink’s distinct pink colour reminded Cipriani about the toga of a saint in a painting by 15th century Venetian artist Giovanni Bellini. The original recipe used small amounts of raspberry or cherry juice, which contributed to the drink’s signature pink glow. Thanks to the bar’s regulars, the drink eventually became popular in New York, Paris, and other locations.
At present, the Cipriani family produces Bellini base for the cocktail. These are also available for sale in Australian bottle shops in pre-made versions, even though a freshly mixed cocktail remains superior.
How to Make Bellini at Home?
Well, if you can’t get to Venice to grab this drink, try making one on your own at home with this simple recipe suggested by a pizza restaurant Abbotsford chef.
- 4 white peaches (can use peach juice)
- 1 part sugar syrup
- 4 parts Martini Rossi Prosecco
Method of Preparation:
1. Whip up your peach puree – just peel and blend the peaches, then strain it and refrigerate until cold.
2. Mix two parts of peach puree with one part of sugar syrup.
3. Add about 20ml of the peach puree mix to your Champagne flute, then gently pour Prosecco into the glass. You must leave the peach puree undisturbed at the bottom of the glass during this stage.
4. Right before serving, stir to mix the peach and Prosecco well.
Great with your Favourite Pizza:
The Bellini is just the perfect drink that goes along with salty and spicy dishes. So, while ordering a pizza delivery in Abbotsford, treat your taste buds with a Vegarita pizza and a glass of the Bellini.
When you are hosting a pizza party or a cocktail night, this unique combination will be a delightful surprise for everyone. Buy your favourite pizza in Abbotsford today!